With the end of 2011 fast approaching, I thought it would be a good idea to do a bit of a review of my year's painting progress and see where I'm at.
The goal at the start of the year was, as it always is, to only buy as many models as I can paint. Let's see how I did:
2 Eden Bamaka Clan
3 Heresy Doctor Who figures
That's a total of 36 painted models, giving me average rate of 0.8 models per week to date. I'm actually pretty surprised that I've managed almost one model a week, as there have been a couple of months this year when it's felt like I've made no progress at all, especially recently.
As far as not buying too many models I have, as I always do, failed to keep to this plan, succumbed to shiny stuff syndrome and treated myself to way too many toy soldiers for my incredibly sluggish painting speed to keep up with. The current count is 48 unpainted or part painted models waiting to be made table-ready, including complete crews for both Rasputina and Somer Teeth/Ophelia as well as quite a big pile of Ressurectionist reinforcements.
Since this means I'm 43% through my current collection, I think a reasonable target for the end of the year will be to reach 50%. I'll need to paint 6 more models over the next 7 weeks - doable at my current rate, but with no room for slacking! I'll also need to make sure I don't buy any more figures, or if I do, that I get some extra painting done to compensate!
New Zombicide Heroes
10 hours ago